Adult Services


The Adult Services Unit of Montrose County Health and Human Services consists of the following five programs;

1. Single Entry Point which handles the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) - Waiver programs,

2. Adult Protective Services


which investigates matters of mistreatment involving adults, and provides case managers to assist in mitigating client difficulties,

3. Home Care Allowance (HCA)
which provides a small stipend so that a disabled person can pay a person of their choice to care for them,

4. Veteran’s Service Officer (VSO)
which provides a case manager to assist one in applying for appropriate benefits and who advocates during the process for the Veteran to receive benefits.

5. Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) Program

, provides its users with reimbursement thru Medicaid for travel related expenses that are medically necessary.

The unit consists of professional caseworkers to assist you with managing your needs and mitigating problems that may resolve in your ability to access and utilize these services. We are here to serve you, and to that end we have an Adult Services Intake phone (970) 252-7076 (8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri), where referrals can be made, information obtained, and questions answered regarding what we may be able to do to help you, a loved one, a friend, or even a stranger who appears to be in need. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call. Please let the Adult Services Unit demonstrate to you that Montrose County cares about the place we live and serve together.

Effective 7/1/20 - For any trips scheduled starting 7/1/2020, please use the the following contact information: 

Monday through Friday
8 AM–5 PM MT
Local phone: (303) 398-2155
Toll free phone: (855) 489-4999
TDD state relay: 711
Fax: (720) 302-0106