Effective the week of 5/4/20, West End Human Services & WIC hours are Monday - Friday 1pm - 5pm. Please wear a mask. To make an appointment, call (970) 864-7319.
West End Health and Human Services Staff
Melissa Johnson, Front Office Receptionist and WIC Educator
Some videos may take a few minutes to load so please be patient if they don't seem to be working properly.
– WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food and other services free of charge to Colorado families who qualify. WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. For further information on the WIC Program view video below or view the website.
– We offer a wide variety of women’s (and men’s) health services, including: annual exams, pap smears, breast exams, routine health screenings, most birth control methods, basic fertility and preconceptual health counseling, many adult immunizations (including HPV), WIC referrals, and lactation support services. Payment is based on a very affordable sliding fee scale.
– We offer a full line of childhood immunizations through our low-cost Vaccines for Children Program. We also offer most adult vaccines, with travel specific vaccines available through our Montrose office. We also provide TB testing and seasonal flu clinic services.
Human Services Programs:
Child Protection Caseworker
- Caseworker Services- offers a variety of services relating to investigating possible child abuse claims, assisting parents in handling out of control youth, and adult services for the elderly. District proceedings must go to Montrose
Child Welfare Screener
– Call 252-5023 (neglect & Abuse referrals)
- We are the work program linked to Food Stamps/Food Assistance. In order to retain their eligibility for food assistance, individuals must participate in Employment First activities, including GED preparation, volunteer work, continuing education, job training or part-time employment. Continuing participation by clients ensures continuing support from social need programs
We also provide applications for:
Child Care Assistance
LEAP Energy Assistance
TANF (Temporary Assistance For Needy Families)
Old Age Pension
Applications are generally sent to the Montrose Office for eligibility determination and appointments are often scheduled at the Nucla office.