- County Offices
- Public Health
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
WIC provides no-cost food assistance, nutrition education and breastfeeding support for pregnant women, new moms, babies, and children up to age five. WIC is also a great source for information and referrals.
To qualify, families must live in Colorado, meet the income requirements and show proof of ID, address, and income. Please call to see if you qualify. Many working families qualify. Families with a pregnant woman or infant on Colorado First (Medicaid) and/or SNAP (Food Stamps) automatically qualify.
Schedule an AppointmentOur WIC staff are here to serve you!
Call 970-252-5088 to schedule an appointment.
WIC is a Nutrition Program for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women (up to one year postpartum)
- Non-breastfeeding, postpartum women (up to 6 months postpartum)
- Children until the age of 5 years
- Children in foster care until age of 5 years
The WIC Program Includes:
- Nutrition education including breastfeeding support
- Nutritious foods to supplement a person's regular diet
- Screening and referral
In Order to Be a Participant in the Colorado WIC Program, a Person Must Meet the Following Criteria:
Categorical- a person must be one of the following:
- Pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding woman (up to one year after the delivery of a baby)
- Postpartum woman who is not breastfeeding (up to 6 months after the delivery of a baby)
- Child up to 5 years of age
Financial- To be financially eligible for WIC in Colorado, a participant must meet WIC guidelines. For example; A family of four can make up to $3,600 per month and still be eligible.
Residence- Participants in the Colorado WIC program must live in Colorado.
If you received Farmers' Market Nutrition Program coupons last year in 2021, they are expired. Please discard them. They will not be accepted by farmers' markets this year. If you are interested in participating in the Farmers' Market Nutrition Program in 2022, you will be asked to sign up again via text message in the Spring. If you are eligible to participate you will receive new coupons in the mail. If you receive SNAP benefits please see the information below as you can use that benefit at the Farmers Market!