2100 Airport Road
Montrose, CO 81401
Phone: (970) 249-3203
Fax: (970) 249-2808
The Montrose Regional Airport is proud to bring you the best in aviation services on the Western Slope of Colorado.
Today's Flight Information
- The facility was dedicated on June 25, 1988
- The elevation of the Montrose Airport is 5,759 feet
- Aviation services are provided by Black Canyon Jet Center
- Year round by United Express operated by SkyWest to Denver.
- Summer service is provided by United Airlines to Houston, American Airlines to Dallas.
- Winter service expands to Houston and Newark operated by United Airlines, service to Dallas and Chicago with American Airlines, service to Atlanta with Delta Airlines, and service to Oakland and Phoenix/Mesa with Allegiant Air.
- The Jetway Café
- Gift shop
- Vending machines
- Newspaper and magazine racks
- Rental car
- Shuttle and airline ticket counters
- Flight information display system
- Restroom facilities with an additional family room
The Airport is served year round by United Express operated by SkyWest to Denver. Summer service is provided by United Airlines to Houston, and American Airlines service to Dallas-Fort Worth. Winter service expands to Houston and Newark operated by United Airlines, service to Dallas and Chicago with American Airlines, service to Atlanta with Delta Airlines, and service to Oakland and Phoenix/Mesa with Allegiant Air. The airlines occupy ticket counters, baggage facilities and offices at the airport for full services to the flying public.
Rental Cars & Ground Transportation
Rental cars and ground transportation within the terminal building are Avis, Budget, Hertz, National/Alamo, Mountain Limo, and Telluride Express. The offsite car rental is provided by Enterprise Rental Car.
Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ) has two runways. The longest and widest runway is 17/35, roughly north to south. The runway is 10,000 feet long and 150 feet wide with a pavement rating of 75,000 for single wheel landing gear aircraft and 190,000 pounds for dual wheel gear aircraft. Runway 17/35 has a precision instrument approach with MALSR's, REIL's, and PAPI's.
The second runway 13/31 is 7,500 feet in length and 100 feet wide with a pavement rating of 65,000 for single wheel landing gear aircraft and 90,000 pounds for dual wheel aircraft. Runway 13/31 is a non-precision runway with REIL's and VASI's.
Both runways have high intensity runway lights which are pilot controlled. There is also a rotating beacon to assist pilots in locating the airport facility at night and during periods of inclement weather.
Republic Parking operates public parking at the Montrose Regional Airport. The rates are as follows; daily $7.00, weekly $42.00, monthly $80.00, and annually for $675.00. The monthly and annual rates must be paid in advance. They can be reached at (970) 240-8024.
Administration Offices for the Montrose Regional Airport are located at 2100 Airport Road, Montrose, CO 81401. You can reach Administration at (970) 249-3203. The fax number is (970) 249-2808.
The Transportation Security Administration is located inside the Airport terminal and can be reached at (970) 252-0571.