Land Divisions

Major Subdivision

The major subdivision is a three-stage process.


Special Use

Use Tax

Plan Development

Building Permits

House Moving Permits, Septic Permits, Access Permits and Address Applications must be obtained at the office located at:
949 North 2nd St, Montrose
Monday thru Friday from 8 – 12 and 1 – 4:30

Zoning Variance


Winter Maintenance

Right of Way Permits

Right of Way and Construction Standards: A permit is required for all work performed within Montrose County Right of Way. Permits are managed out of the Planning and Development office at 949 N. 2nd Street. Copies of the permit, fees, and complete procedures are included here for your convenience in PDF format. Certificates of Insurance are required to be submitted with each permit.